Hey, everybody! It’s me, Karena Garrity, your host of the Avon-Avon Lake Daily. Keep reading for the most important things going on in town. Today’s issue includes updates on…
- A football win!
- Run or walk for a good cause!
- Listen to the students sing!
But first, today’s weather:
Increasing cloudiness. High: 65 Low: 53.
📢 I’m looking for business owners and marketers in Avon-Avon Lake who want to build awareness, connect with customers and increase sales.
I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our Avon-Avon Lake Daily readers to local businesses they need to know about. If that’s you, then I invite you to learn more and secure your spot now.
Here are the top three stories in Avon-Avon Lake today:
- According to Scorebook Live, “Avon Lake dominated in every facet of the game to blank Sylvania Southview 26-0 in the first round of the OHSAA Division II, Region 6 playoffs. Avon Lake held Sylvania to an astounding 36 yards of total offense and -13 rushing yards for the shutout. From the beginning of the game, it was clear that the Shoremen defense was too aggressive and too fast for the Cougars, shutting down Sylvania’s first two drives – which came back-to-back after a muffed punt by Avon Lake senior Pierden Pepe. Pepe, an all-state defensive back last year who missed the second half of this season with a broken collar bone, made up for that miscue immediately by intercepting a pass from junior Avery Offenburg on fourth-and-long.“We overcome teams with our speed, and we definitely did that today,” Pepe said. “Everyone flies to the ball, one guy holds him up and then we all get there.”’ Congratulations! (Scorebook Live)
- The Cleveland Clinic is asking you to challenge yourself as they host a 5k run and 1-mile walk that will benefit the Good Knights of Lorain County. The race will take place on Sunday, November 6 at Avon Hospital and Richard E. Jacobs Health Center. Pre-registration is $30, Race day is $35. Team registration is $20 pre-registration, mail-in only. Online registration is open until Friday, Nov. 4, at 9 a.m. Mail-in registrations must be received by Wednesday, November 2. Race day check-in will be at 7:30 a.m. and the race will begin at 9 a.m. Participants are asked to bring donations of new twin sheet sets, twin blankets and pillows for the Good Knights of Lorain County. (WKYC.com)
- Hope to see you at the Fall Chorale Concert! According to the Avon Lake City Schools Facebook page, “The students of the Avon Lake Chorale will be giving a concert at 7:30 p.m. November 3 at the Avon Lake High School Dr. Daniel B. Ross Performing Arts Center. The concert will feature works of Ola Gjeilo, Moses Hogan and more. Tickets are sold at the door only. Mark your calendars! (Avon Lake City Schools via Facebook)
From my notebook:
- Cleveland Browns: “We have signed LS Charley Hughlett to a contract extension through 2026.” (Cleveland Browns via Instagram)
- FIDO’s Companion Rescue Inc.: “Meet Elvis! Elvis is an 8-9 year old coonhound who came from an overcrowded pound. Elvis is fully vetted, house & crate-trained, well mannered and loves dogs and people! Elvis had his spleen removed 9/9 and has made a full recovery.” (FIDO’s Companion Rescue Inc. via Facebook)
- Avon Lake City Schools: “Appropriate for this weekend! Happy Halloween. Thank you to all who donated!” (Avon Lake City Schools via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Now you’re in the loop and ready to start this Sunday off right. I’ll see you around!
— Karena Garrity
About me: Journalism is in my veins! I have been a community reporter for the better part of the past 20 years. I love my small-town community and I am honored to be a part of Patch.com. You can reach me at; email@example.com.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Avon-Avon Lake Daily? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org